MINUTES OF THE CHOPPINGTON PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 12 JUNE 2019 IN STAKEFORD AND BOMARSUND SPORTS AND SOCIAL WELFARE CENTRE
Cllr H Allsopp
Cllr E A Barrell
Cllr K Grimes
Cllr G Huntley
Cllr A Iley
Cllr J Rowell
Cllr Vaughan (Chair)
Cllr L Watson
Mr D L Nicholson JP, Parish Clerk and Ms A Brindley, Deputy Parish Clerk/RFO
AGENDA PART 1
C010/19. 1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Apologies for absence were received from Cllr J Foster (family commitment). The meeting accepted these as proper reasons for absence.
C011/19. 2. DECLARATIONS OF DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY AND OTHER REGISTERABLE INTEREST(s)
C012/19. 3. PUBLIC QUESTIONS.
C013/19. 4. TO RECEIVE AND APPROVE THE YEAR END ACCOUNTS AND STATEMENTS FOR PRESENTATION TO EXTERNAL AUDIT.
The Responsible Finance Officer presented the annual return and supporting documentation for the financial year end 31 March 2019.
The return includes;
- Annual internal audit report 2018/19
- Accounting statements 2018/19
- Annual Governance Statement 2018/19
together with supporting documentation including:
- Copy of the letter prepared by the internal auditor together with the statement of internal control assessment and audit checklist
- Copies of confirmation minutes
- Copy of bank statement sent in confirmation of balances
- Copy of workings undertaken to complete accounting statements
- Confirmation of the appointment of the internal auditor
- Copy of the asset register
- Copy of the risk statement adopted by the Parish Council
- Bank reconciliation for the period ending 2018/19
- Explanation of significant variations
- Reconciliation of boxes 7 and 8 – working detail
- Details of other sources of income
4.1 Annual Governance Statement 2018/19.
Members considered and approved Annual Governance Statement 2018/19, their responsibilities in relation to internal control, including arrangements for the preparation of accounting statements. Members agreed that the Annual Governance Statement could be signed.
4.2 Accounting Statements 2018/19.Members considered and approved the Accounting Statements for signature
- Members received the annual internal report from the Internal Auditor, noting there were no matters requiring attention, and went on to give consideration to the annual governance statement and accounts.
- Members considered annual governance statement and determined that to the best of their knowledge and belief that they have satisfied their responsibilities for ensuring a sound system of internal control.
- Members noted that section 9 of the statement was not applicable as the council does not act as the sole managing trustee of any local trust or similar body.
- Members received and approved the accounting statement and supporting documentation for the year ended 31 March 2019.
- The Chairman of the meeting and the Parish Clerk were authorised to sign the statements contained in the Parish Council’s annual return for the financial year ended 31 March 2019.
- The Parish Council confirmed the appointment of Mr P Basnett as the authority’s internal auditor for 2019/20.
There being no further business the meeting closed at 09.40