MINUTES OF A MEETING OF CHOPPINGTON PARISH COUNCIL COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT AND ENVIRONMENT COMMITTEE HELD ON 13 NOVEMBER 2019
Cllr H Allsopp
Cllr A E Barrell
Cllr G Huntley
Cllr A Iley
Cllr J Rowell
Cllr P S Vaughan
Cllr L Watson
Mr D L Nicholson, Parish Clerk, Ms A Brindley, Deputy Parish Clerk, and 1 member of the public
CD&E 021/19. 1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE.
Apologies were received from Cllr J Foster (leave of absence) and Cllr K Grimes (illness). The meeting accepted that these were valid reasons for absence.
CD&E 022/19. 2. MEMBERS’ DECLARATION OF DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY AND OTHER REGISTERABLE INTEREST(S).
No declarations were made.
CD&E 023/19. 3. PUBLIC QUESTIONS.
The member of public expressed opposition to the proposal for a play area at Stakeford Crescent.
Members noted his opposition.
CD&E 024/19. 4. TO RECEIVE AND AGREE AS A TRUE RECORD THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 18 SEPTEMBER 2019.
The minutes were received, accepted as a true record with authority given to the Chairman to sign as such.
CD&E 025/19. 5. MATTERS ARISING.
- CD&E 018/19. Members were advised that public
- consultation for the scheme for speed reduction measures was scheduled for November but due to purdah had been delayed until January 2020
CD&E 026/19. 6. LOCAL SERVICE REVIEW
Members received a verbal report on the work programme undertaken during the summer. Weed spraying has been effective although manual removal remains the most effective method for controlling marestail. The Parish Council has purchased an additional grass cutter for use in areas requiring more specialist cuts; and in anticipation of a harsh winter, the Parish Council has increased the provision of salt bins and ordered increased grit and salt supplies.
CD&E 027/19. 7. RISK MANAGEMENT AND ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION.
Members agreed that due to the confidential nature of this report this item should be referred to part 2.
CD&E 028/19. 8. PARISH CLERK REPORT
- Local Transport Plan. The Parish Clerk confirmed that the Authority’s submission for local schemes for inclusion in the Local Transport Plan had been made and had concentrated on:
- Speed reduction schemes
- Road safety measures
- Report on Cleaswell Public Toilet. The toilet at the Cleaswell Centre is now operational between the times of 10am to 3pm Monday to Friday, and a local business has agreed to open their toilets to the public. Suitable signage is being prepared. The financial contributions required for these facilities have been included in the budget for the current financial year.
- Community Information. The Autumn addition of the Parish News will be distributed from 18 November. The contents include latest survey results in respect of the Neighbourhood Plan, West Sleekburn Village Hall and a community guide listing activities throughout the area.
Agenda, Part 2
Members, in consideration of Standing Order 46a and because of the special and confidential nature of the business to be transacted considered that press and public should be excluded during the consideration of items included in part 2 of the agenda.
CD&E 029/19. 9. CONSIDERATION OF MATTERS REFERRED FROM PART 1 OF THE AGENDA.
RISK MANAGEMENT AND ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION
Members received and accepted a report from Cllrs J Rowell and H Allsopp relating to their consideration of an accident report prepared for the Council by the Parish Clerk.
Cllrs Rowell and Allsopp advised members that they supported the recommendations reached in the report, all of which have been adopted.
RESOLVED: Members thanked Cllr J Rowell and Cllr H Allsopp for their report.